Historic Restoration Project Gallery
The Longfellow House
The residence of Henry W. Longfellow, one of the world's greatest 19th-century poets, is preserved as part of Longfellow House-Washington's Headquarters National Historic Site. During the siege of Boston from July 1775 to April 1776, General George Washington used the mansion as his headquarters. The location is not only historically significant, but it also provides exceptional access to cultural artifacts from the nineteenth century. We're grateful for the chance to restore this historic site to its former beauty.